Doraville Planning Commission
The City is seeking to fill an unexpired term (April 2021) on the Planning Commission. Commissioners are citizen-volunteers appointed by the City Council. Residents who have lived in the City for at least one year are eligible and encouraged to apply.
The Commission serves as an advisory board that provides recommendations to the City Council on such matters as zoning ordinance text amendments, property zoning changes, land use changes, conditional use permits, and variances. The Commission may also conduct research on other issues at the direction of the City Council. Commission meetings are typically held once a month and are open to the public to hear cases and provide comments to the Commission.
Applicants seeking to schedule a hearing with the Commission or for more information, contact the Community Development Director.
Monthly Meetings: Typically the First Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm at the Doraville City Hall. Check the Meeting Agendas page for any date changes.
Meeting Agendas & Action Reports: visit Minutes & Agendas page.
Planning Commission Bylaws: Click here.
|Chair||Term Expires: 04/2023||Thom.email@example.com|
|Vice Chair||Term Expires: 04/2021||Susan.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Term Expires: 04/2021||Danielle.email@example.com|
|Gerald Evans||-||Term Expires: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|vacant||Term Expires: 04/2021|
The Planning Commission shall consist of:
- Five (5) appointed members, each of whom shall serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive four-year terms.
- A period of two (2) years shall elapse before any member serving the maximum two (2) consecutive terms shall be eligible to serve again on the Planning Commission.
- The members shall be residents of the City for at least one (1) year prior to taking office.
- The Council shall select one (1) member from each district and two (2) at-large members who may reside in any district.
- In order to achieve staggered terms, the members representing the districts shall serve an initial term ending April 1, 2010, and the two (2) at-large members shall serve initial terms ending April 1, 2008.
- If a position becomes vacant, a member shall be appointed, from the vacated district or at-large, by the City Council to serve the remainder of the term.
The Planning Commission shall be required to consider and adhere to the criteria established as set forth in the Code of Ordinances of the City of Doraville in making such zoning and variance investigations and recommendations.